Skip to content
- Baclofen is used to relieve muscle spasms such as those caused by multiple sclerosis or spinal cord injury due to damage or disease.
- Particularly effective for relieving flexor spasms (involuntary muscle spasms involving the ankle, knee, or hip) and the pain, contractions, and rigidity associated with these.
- May help restore some muscle function.
- Baclofen is not effective for muscle spasms caused by rheumatoid arthritis, cerebral palsy, stroke or Parkinson’s disease.
- May also be used off-label to treat other conditions such as hiccups or Tourette’s syndrome.
- Generic baclofen is available.